Education and understanding of your musculoskeletal condition is a very important component of injury recovery. Below are links to common musculoskeletal conditions;
- Achilles tendon
- Acromio-clavicular (AC) joint injuries
- Ankle injuries
- ACL injuries
- Exercise and breast support
- Calf injuries
- Hamstring injuries
- Meniscal injuries
- Plantar fasciitis
- Quadriceps injury
- Shin pain
- Soft tissue injuries
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin and Osteoarthritis
- Fish oils and Osteoarthritis
Other interesting links:
Back pain related;
- An interesting article about the use of antibiotics for a specific subgroup of low back pain sufferers Antibiotics may help ease chronic back pain.
- An abstract from an article showing a strong link between genetics and the development of specific types of low back pain. Nature or nurture in low back pain?
Injury recovery related;
- Is your recovery a little slower than you would like? Are you getting enough sleep? The importance of sleep and injury recovery/performance
- Have you had a running related injury before (RRI)? Are you currently running/training for an event? Research shows that if you have had a previous RRI then you are more likely to sustain another RRI. So come and see us at Arthur Street Physiotherapy for a detailed assessment to ensure the cause of your previous RRI is addressed and treated to minimise the risk of further RRI’s. The study concluded that apart from a previous RRI’s the other risk factors in developing a RRI were; running more than 64km/week, having less than 3 years running experience and including speed training in your program. They found that participating in interval training was predictive of reduced injury risk. Previous injuries and some training characteristics predict running related injuries in recreational runners: a prospective cohort study.
Pregnancy and pelvic floor related;
- If you have been pregnant then you should watch this short video clip regarding pelvic floor rehab and continence. Pelvic floor and continence